Enjoy a holiday stroll through the picturesque streets of historic Elsah, Illinois
- Start by picking up your Elsah Walking Guide at the Village Civic Center
- Then begin your self-guided tour of the village where you can…
- Check out four historic buildings with a host inside sharing information
- Discover the village’s unique shops and their charming holiday windows
- Visit Elsah’s two bed & breakfast inns serving cookies and other treats
- Find a warm spot at Elsah’s stone fire pit
- Enjoy the village carolers walking the streets singing songs of the season
- Visit Elsah’s two churches for musical concerts (scheduled in your Walking Guide)
For 50 years, Historic Elsah Foundation has played a vital role in preserving Elsah’s historic significance and picturesque beauty. Every December, HEF offers a holiday house tour, an important fundraiser, with the proceeds from ticket sales supporting the work of the Foundation. Unfortunately, due to ongoing pandemic related concerns, private homes will not be open this year, which means Elsah’s Home for the Holidays House Tour will not be held as usual. But Historic Elsah Foundation would still like to invite all of its supporters, friends and neighbors to come to the village and celebrate the holiday season.
* Masks will be required inside all buildings, whether vaccinated or not.
Advance ticket reservations for the Elsah Holiday Walk are now CLOSED. Tickets are no longer available, either on-line or walk-up on Saturday.
Please consider a donation of any size to support the work of Historic Elsah Foundation. Donations will be gratefully accepted either on-line, or in-person at The Elsah Holiday Walk on December 4th.