Saturday morning, March 7, from 9 a.m. to noon, individuals and photography clubs are invited to a special Elsah Meet and Greet at Farley Music Hall and “on-your-own Photo-Shoot session” around the valley. This activity is being held to encourage participation and answer questions by youth and adult photographers about the Village of Elsah Museum 21st annual Photography Exhibit. The exhibit theme is “My Favorite Window.” If it is raining on March 7th, the activity will be canceled.
The Meet and Greet for photographers at the Farley Music Hall provides an opportunity to meet and ask questions of the Village of Elsah Museum committee members and former winners, Marty McKay, Karen King, and Carolyn Schuelter. Participants will be coming and going, as well as taking part in the photo shoot. If participants have submissions ready, they will be accepted at the Meet and Greet at Farley Music Hall. There will be another opportunity for delivery later in the month.
The Village of Elsah Museum will hold the 21st annual Elsah Photography Exhibit from Saturday, April 4, to Sunday, August 2, 2020. The theme is “My Favorite Window.” The exhibit will be held in the Museum building, Elsah Village Hall, at 26 LaSalle Street, Elsah, Illinois. There will be an opening reception on Saturday, April 4, 2020 during which the winners are announced.
Submissions are due by Monday, March 16, 2020. Delivery of entries can be done in person at the Meet and Greet on Saturday, March 7 at 37 Mill (Farley Music Hall) and at 26 LaSalle (Village Hall) on Saturday and Sunday, March 14 and 15, 2020 from 1 to 4 p.m. Mail and delivery by appointment are also options for entries. For full details, see url: www.escapetoelsah.com. Questions should be directed to [email protected].
Photographers, amateur and professional, are invited to make submissions to the exhibit and participate in the purchase prize portion of the exhibit. As in previous years, the photographs will be for sale and the photographers will retain all proceeds.
The Prizes include:
- the Village of Elsah (taken at a location in the Elsah valley area) purchase prize of $200 that includes permission rights to use the photograph in publicity for the photography exhibit;
- the Greatriverroad.com (taken at a location in the surrounding area, or representative of the larger Elsah area) purchase prize of $200 that includes permission to use the photograph in publicity for the photography exhibit;
- the Green Tree Inn will donate a one-night stay for two to the winner of the Village of Elsah (valley) purchase prize winner; and
- the Youth Section Prize (taken in either valley or surrounding location) of $100 for a photographer between 12 to 18 for the best submitted photograph taken by a youth;
- additional recognitions may be awarded.