Save the date – Saturday, December 3, 2022, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Experience a simpler time in the quaint, historic Village of Elsah, Illinois. You’re invited to tour selected private homes decorated for the holidays. The whole village retains the character and feel of a bygone time. Many of the homes on the tour were constructed in the mid-19th century, often with the stone from the local quarry.
In addition to the private homes on the tour, other points of interest in Elsah, which are open to all, are the Village Museum, Farley Music Hall, the Village Civic Center and historic school room, Maple Leaf Cottage Inn, Green Tree Inn, Elsah General Store, Systir Studio and Life in the Postcard Gallery, The Look Factory, Christian Science Reading Room, and more.
There is no extra charge for a ride on a horse and carriage, which will circle the historic village during the home tour.
Advanced home tour ticket price $20
Day of event ticket price $25
Read about several Elsah residents and homes from previous tours:
- November 2022 St. Louis Post Dispatch, 3 Elm Street, Tyler House
- November 2021 St. Louis Post Dispatch,19 LaSalle Street, Piggot House
- November 2019 The Telegraph, 14 LaSalle Street, Onetto House
- November 2019 St. Louis Post Dispatch, 14 LaSalle Street, Onetto House
- August 2018 St. Louis Post Dispatch, 10 LaSalle Street, Onetto House
- November 2016 St. Louis Post Dispatch, 7 Mill Street, Schneider House
- April 2016 St. Louis Post Dispatch, 22 LaSalle Street, Keller Store
- November 2015 Home Feature in St. Louis Post Dispatch, 66 Mill Street, McNair House
- November 2014 Home Feature in St. Louis Post Dispatch, 80 Mill Street, Schneider House
House tour tickets may be purchased at Elsah General Store, Green Tree Inn, Maple Leaf Cottage Inn, and Great Rivers & Routes Tourism Bureau in Alton. Advanced and online ticket purchases may be picked up at Farley Music Hall at 37 Mill Street. Day of event tickets may also be purchased at Farley Music Hall.
Historic Elsah Foundation celebrates, educates, and preserves the buildings in Village of Elsah. You may join Historic Elsah Foundation as a member at any time.